Sunday, March 22, 2015

- 3/20/15 Ironic Spring



       This post is, in fact, the FIRST DAY OF SPRING! But wait. I can't quite say I'm jumping for joy... Mother Nature, please cut out the irony, because the week before spring was genuine spring weather and the first day of spring it snows. SNOWS! On the day where people are expecting warm sunshine and clear skies there is frigid temperatures and heavy clouds. Thanks a lot, Mother Nature, thanks a lot... Perfect for my brother's birthday, which just so happens to be tomorrow.
        Now, I haven't really told people about what I want to be when I grow up, except that I am hoping to be an ecologist or something of the sort. But right now, I really want to volunteer at the Tristate Bird Rescue which is near my house. Not work and get paid, but get to work with Aves and increase my knowledge of ornithology--wait, making the assumption that you don't understand those two words, Aves is the class for birds, and  ornithology is the study of birds. I don't have specific sights set to become an ornithologist, but I'm not going to lie and say that I have no interest in the field. I do! I study crows and starlings to determine the meaning of their calls and I try to identify the flight patterns, appearance, and scientific/common names of the birds that I see. But I'm not sure that I want to take my bird-watching to the next level of studying it, so I'll stick with 'aspiring ornithologist'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me!