Tuesday, March 10, 2015

- 3/8/15 Chip


     I'm happy out of my mind. I met Chip! Okay, I can't say "I met Chip" because you don't even know who Chip is... Okay, let's get a few things straight: Chip is a gray squirrel, Sciurus carolinensis to be precise. And I fed him! Okay, that's not the greatest accomplishment, nor is it 100% good. But wait--I know that feeding animals (ducks, fish)n is not good for them, but of course I did research on it and it is fine to feed squirrels.
       And that's not the best part--the best part is that I can call Chip to me, and he will run to me until he is 1 1/2 inches away from my foot. I swear I have never been so close to a squirrel in all of my life. He (or she) tries to take the food for my hand, but I have more then a little bit of concern for my fingers, so I let her (or him) eat the bread that I give him from the ground right in front of me. Now, I've only seen Chip once. And I've only fed him once, before I did my research. And I discovered that bread isn't exactly the most nutritious food for Chip, so the next time I see him (I don't know when, he lives my grandmother's house), I will feed him Nut Balls (if I make it to the pet store in time).
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me!